This is probably the easiest recipe I’ve ever came up with. My store bought hummus and tzatziki was going bad and we were tired of eating it with naan dippers and chips. You can use any spice, any sauce, any vegetables you have on hand and recreate it!
Makes (3 sliders)
6 paneer squares (2 in each slider. If you don’t have slider buns you can cut bigger pieces out)
1 tablespoon of oil
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
Salt & Pepper
Tzatziki (Mike is store bought from TJ)
.5 tablespoon of tandoori masala
Sliced onions, pickles, and cucumbers
-Mix oil, oregano, garlic powder, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper in a bowl and marinade your paneer in it for about 10-15 minutes.
- Heat a non stick pan on low-medium heat. I set mine on 4.
-Slice up onions, pickles and cucumbers in the mean time
- Mix tandoori masala with your tzatziki it adds a good kick to it
- Drizzle about 1/2 teaspoon of oil in the pan and add your paneer. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side. I have a calpahalon grill pan that I used to get some nice charred grill marks
- Once paneer is done, in the same pan toast your slider buns (optional)
- To assemble, layer the bottom bun with hummus and vegetables. Add paneer on top, and top with tzatziki !